Friday, August 3, 2007

A Quick Take On My Update

Sorry about the lack of posts recently.

Everything is going well here in Brisbane … my apartment is nice (I ‘promise’ I’ll post some pictures of it this weekend), the people are friendly, and my co-workers are great. Having a good group of people to work with has definitely made the transition easier. The nice thing about this project is that there’s only a couple of people that I closely work with who are from Brisbane – so the majority of the people in the office are either from different cities in Australia or from a different country. So it’s easy to do something after work or on the weekends because everybody is new to the area and without significant others. The four of us (me, Oranit, Joe & Lorenzo) from the Chicago office are living in the same apartment complex and there's also a guy from Boston (Jeff) who's living there too. So there's been a lot of meal sharing and hanging out after work, which has helped curb some of the isolation feeling that is easy to experience.

A group of us is heading to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary this weekend to pet some koalas and feed some kangaroos. So you should see some pictures unless something goes terribly wrong.

1 comment:

Jano Fabulous said...

Yippee Koalas and Kangaroos... that sounds like that should be very Australian. I am glad you have some good work buddies to hang out with. I would be sad if you were lonely.