Thursday, November 8, 2007

Rainbow beach - update 1

Just finished my surf lessons on Rainbow Beach. The weather actually cleared up and it was a perfect morning to surf. The waves were the right size to relearn how to surf and as the morning went along, the waves got bigger & bigger. This time around I actually was able to catch my own waves!! By the time I get done surfing in Hawaii I'll be a pro at it! Gonna be kayaking with dolphins in about 30minutes ... will let you know how that goes.

Staying at the hostel is an absolute blast. Granted, I'm several years older than most of the kids here. It's amazing the amount of people you meet from other countries of the world ... Sweden, England, Canada, Ireland, France, Iran, etc. I've actually befriended a couple of girls from Canada that I met on Fraser a couple of nights ago and we met up again last night. They're staying at the hostel right next to mine.

No comments: