Monday, November 19, 2007

Goodbye Australia, Aloha Hawaii

So I made it safe and sound into Honolulu on Wednesday morning and it's been a great 5 days in Hawaii. I'm at the airport right now waiting to board my plane so I thought I would update everyone on what took place these last 5 days.

Day 1 - Wednesday: Arrived into Honolulu around 8:30am and made it through customs alright. I was disappointed that I didn't get a lei when I got off the plane. I took the shuttle to my hotel and just spent the afternoon on the beach. I know, life's rough, huh. pictures

Day 2 - Thursday: I spent the day with the Bike Hawaii company on their bike, hike, snorkel & sail tour package. We did a 2.5 mile hike through the rain forest and then went to the top of one of the mountains and biked it down. After lunch, we went snorkeling out in the bay and took the catamaran back to shore. pictures

Day 3 - Friday: I slept in on Friday morning and I walked to Diamondhead National Park during the morning. It was about a 2 mile walk to the park and then another hour+ walk to the peak and back down. Diamondhead is an old volcanic crater that was left after a volcano erupted thousands and thousands of years ago. After the walk back from Diamondhead, I spent the afternoon on the beach. I caught the sunset from the beach and it was absolutely beautiful. pictures

Day 4 - Saturday: I woke up before dawn to get ready for another day trip that I took. This time the tour included Pearl Harbor, Dole Pineapple Plantation, and the Polynesian Cultural Center, along with some minor stops along the way (the pipeline @ north shore, the _____ lookout point, Dog Chapman's Bail Bonds and a couple of other misc. points). pictures

Day 5 - Sunday: Went to Senor Frogs to watch the Bears game. I met a couple of other people at the bar from the Chicagoland area who are currently living in Honolulu. It was nice to watch a live American sporting event for the first time since early July - even though the Bears played a crappy game.

Day 6 - Monday: This is my last day on the island. :-( The weather was overcast a rainy this morning, so after I checked out I just walked around for a while and ended up at the local mall. I just took it easy today and ended up at the airport around 4pm for my 9 o'clock flight. It's now 7:45pm and I'm just waiting to board the plane.

I fly from Honolulu to Dallas/Fort Worth and then from Dallas/Fort Worth to St. Louis. I should arrive in St. Louis around 11:30am and then about 3 hours later I should be at my parents' house for the week. I'm driving back to Chicago on Saturday and then going to the Bears game on Sunday. Hopefully it won't be too cold this week as I don't have any winter clothes with me. Oh well, I guess that's the burden I have to bear for spending 4+ months in Australia & Hawaii!!

NOTE: not all of the pictures have been uploaded - just Day 1 and part of Day 2. I will try to update the remainder of the pictures on Tuesday when I get back to my parents' place


Jano Fabulous said...

Hey Lil' Sis- Welcome Home! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Have a great Turkey Day, and give me a call if you want to stop for a bit on your way home from the P's to Chicago.

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is A hug.